Monday, September 28, 2009

Why Write? Why Read?

In my experience, I've found that writing can sometimes feel like an onerous, insufficiently lucrative chore.

But, most of the time, it connects me to the subcutaneous layers of my self -- not the superficial self that real-world living requires, but the self that injects meaning into our existence.

That's what makes facing the blank screen and struggling to navigate the complicated maze of achieving publication worthwhile.

If you are a writer, why do you write?

If you are a reader, what books validate your spirit and feed your hunger for life?

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! I am so happy you did this. Here's mine: www.simplyfictionaltales.blogspot.com

    I'll put a link to yours on mine. I'm just so tired tonight, will do tomorrow. Catch you soon. Hopefully I will have my notebook up and working soon and we can chat once again : )

    ReplyDelete